Applications to be the Christmas FM charity partner for 2017 are now open. We will accept applications during this period with the deadline being April 30th
We don’t have an application form as such, so we usually suggest a charity send us a proposal bearing in mind a few of the following points:
- The appeal of the charity’s work within or outside of Ireland to our listeners nationwide. The charity needs to have a connection with a listener in Cork, Galway and Dublin for example. We can’t accept a charity that’s work is based within a small geographical area of Ireland.
- The charity is an Irish based charity registered in Ireland.
- The goal of the campaign, whether it’s fundraising, awareness or both and how that can be sold to our listeners.
- Is the charity looking to resource and fund a large single project or help many small individual service users?
- The appeal and “the ask” to the listener. Will the charity connect with the listener?
- The use of the donations made by listeners. What will their euro do? Can the funds raised be ring fenced? What exactly will they be used for? How to portray case studies on the radio in short bite sized recordings such as 30, 40 or 60 seconds.
- The manpower to help run the campaign with the station during December – e.g. taking calls on our donation day? How many lines and personnel are available?
- The PR work that the charity can do in order to raise awareness of the campaign and the station. Is there an in house or external PR/social media team that can work on the campaign?
- How much of each €1 goes directly to help? For example, out of every €1 collected, 89 cent might go directly to help person XX.
- If we go with an awareness campaign instead of, or, as well as a fundraising campaign this year, how do you see both or either working? In 2013, for the first time, we did an awareness and fundraising campaign where we focused on both 50/50. How can the awareness be measured?
- Being able to demonstrate the ring fencing of the donations for direct use for a cause within the charity and a report at the end of the following year to Christmas FM on the use of funds and success of the campaign. Full disclosure of the use of funds will be required.
- Ability to supply running data reports for donations on a weekly basis during and after the campaign for a) donation tallies and b) digital data reporting through analytics.
Due to the volume of enquiries and applications we receive each year, we are unable to meet any applicants during the process. If your application is successful in the first round, we will notify your charity at which point these charities will then progress to a short-list for round two.
We hope some of these guidelines help. Please feel free to contact us at the email adress below with any questions you might have.
Deadline – Application are accepted up until 11.59pm, April 30th
Submitting your application:
Please email your application to email@example.com
Please send us a hard copy and a soft copy of your application.
Please send a hard copy to our office address: Unit 9, Willow Business Park, Knockmitten Lane, Dublin 12
(Note that the maximum file size for e-mail attachments is 15mb. If your application is larger we recommend sharing by Dropbox or Google Drive. You can include your application on a USB key with your hard if you wish)