The Cpl Christmas FM Survey 2021 results are in! We asked the important and fun questions of the season and you answered. Here are the results –
Ireland is dreaming of a green Christmas this year with over half of the country changing their traditional celebrations to positively impact climate change
- 75% say they will opt for a fake tree over a real one due to climate action
- 38% say they will do all their Christmas shopping with local businesses this year
- Liam Neeson is voted as the number one celebrity Christmas guest
- Home Alone is declared the most Iconic Christmas movie in Ireland for 2021
- 30% of Irish shoppers are looking to spend between €250 and €500 on Christmas presents this year
- Nearly a quarter (23%) are looking to change job in 2022
A new survey conducted by Cpl and Christmas FM has revealed that 53% of Irish people say climate action will affect their Christmas celebrations this year, with some reducing the number of lights and decorations as a result of climate worries and rising electricity bills.
Although 60% of the nation say rising electricity bills won’t affect their Christmas lights and decorations this year, just under a quarter (24%) say they will reduce the number of lights due to rising costs.
A massive 75% of people are opting for a fake tree this year due to climate worries compared to just a quarter (25%) who say they need that traditional smell at home!
Supporting local will also be high on the Irish agenda this year with over half (53%) saying they will continue to support local business and 38% saying ALL their Christmas shopping will be done locally this year!
Irish people have also revealed that Liam Neeson would be their choice for a celebrity Christmas dinner guest, from the past or present, with the Love Actually star winning 24% of the public vote. Singer Niall Horan was number two at 20% while Sean Connery, who sadly passed away last year, was number three on the list at 17%.
The full list of most wanted Christmas dinner guest from the past or present was as follows:
- Liam Neeson – 24%
- Niall Horan – 20%
- Sean Connery – 17%
- Amy Winehouse – 12%
- Colin Farrell – 10%
- Saoirse Ronan – 10%
- Pele – 5%
- Miriam O’Callaghan – 3%