Last updated: December 7th, 2021.
Christmas Radio Ltd. (Christmas FM) with a registered office at Unit A11 Kingswood Business Park, Baldonnell, Dublin, D22 H798 Ireland is responsible for your personal data and we take our data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously.
This Privacy Notice will explain
- What personal data we collect and when and why we use it.
- Who we are
- the types of personal data
- how we use personal data
- the legal basis for using personal data
- How long we keep it
- How we store or transfer personal data outside of the EU/EEA
- Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
- How you can contact us for more support
- How we share personal data with our service providers, regulators and other third parties
- How we use your data online: cookies, social media, profiling and direct marketing
Who are we?
Christmas Radio Ltd. (trading as Christmas FM) is a limited company registered in the Republic of Ireland with a registered address at Unit A11 Kingswood Business Park, Baldonnell, Dublin, D22 H798 Ireland.
You can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect the following types of personal data
- Your name
- Your business or home address including Eircode
- Social media accounts
- Your e-mail address
- Your contact telephone number
- Your mobile phone number
- Imagery of you
- IP address
- Self-declarations relating to Covid-19
When we collect personal data
We collect your personal data when you interact with our website or one of the apps hosted on our behalf, email us, interact with us on social media, phone or SMS us, or otherwise engage with us through 3rd party sites.
We also collect and store personal data in order to respond to your general enquiry or process your solicited or unsolicited programme contribution, when you enter a competition on-air or on our website or social media pages or when you sign-up to receive marketing communications from us.
We also collect your personal data if you physically visit our premises.
We operate a CCTV system on our premises to protect the safety and security of our staff, visitors and property. Images are recorded and are retained for 28 days.
We also collect your information and Covid-19 status for the purposes of ensuring a safe workplace and assisting public health authorities with contact tracing.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Operating our radio business.
- Contacting you in relation to your general enquiry
- Contacting you in relation to your programme contribution
- Contacting you in relation to a contest/promotion that you have entered
- Analysis of visitor traffic to and usage of our website
- Marketing or commercial purposes
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Consent expressed when completing and sending an enquiry form
- Consent indicated when signing up for marketing communications
- Legitimate interest for website traffic analysis and radio business purposes
- Performance of a contract for promotion/contest entry and the fulfilment of any prizes that you may have won.
- For visitors at our physical locations: legitimate interest for CCTV monitoring and recording
- Compliance with a legal obligation to protect the health of employees, volunteers and visitors and to maintain a safe place of work.
Special Category Data
We collect Special Category Data when you visit our premises and complete a Covid-19 Self Declaration. Special category of data collected:
- Covid-19 status
We retain this data for 14 days and then delete it.
Otherwise, we never ask for special categories of personal data and if you submit this voluntarily, we try to delete it.
Christmas Radio Ltd. is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. Normally we try to keep your data for no longer than one year.
Does Christmas Radio Ltd. store or transfer my information outside of the EU/EEA?
Our web analytics provider, Google Analytics, stores IP addresses including the IP address you used to access this site on servers in the United States of America.
Our email newsletter provider, SendinBlue, stores your name and e-mail address on servers in Europe.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or are processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Contact Us email@example.com
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this privacy notice, the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) which in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission, at any time. https://www.dataprotection.ie/
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first.
Christmas Radio Ltd. (Christmas FM)
Kingswood Business Park
How we share personal data with our service providers, regulators and other third parties.
We share your personal data in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with government organisations and agencies, law enforcement, regulators, public health authorities, which may include the Data Protection Commission, the Health Services Executive, the Health and Safety Authority to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal data regarding the visitors to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage partners or advertisers.
- We may share with the promoters of online or on-air competitions/promotions and their agents for the fulfilment of any prizes resulting from your entry or where you have consented to share your data with them for marketing purposes.
Hosting for Website:
Analytics services: website traffic statistics and analysis
Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
SendinBlue: email delivery services
How we use your information online: cookies, social media, profiling and direct marketing
This part of the privacy notice tells you how we, Christmas Radio Ltd., will collect and use your personal data when you interact with us on our website or use our App.
Facebook and Instagram
We operate a page (fan page) on both the social networks Facebook and Instagram, which is available to users outside the USA and Canada from Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”) and for all other users from Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA (“Facebook”). It is offered, in joint responsibility with Facebook, to communicate with followers and to inform you about our products and services. Note that Instagram is owned by Facebook.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) f GDPR based on our legitimate interest. We have no control over data that Facebook processes under its own responsibility and in accordance with Facebook’s terms of service. In the event that personal data is transferred to the US, the transfer is governed by the terms of service at Facebook. If you want to assert your rights with Facebook, the easiest way to do this is to contact Facebook directly.
We operate a page (fan page) on the social network Twitter, which is available to users outside the USA and Canada from Twitter Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Twitter”) and for all other users from Twitter Inc., It is offered, in joint responsibility with Twitter, to communicate with followers and to inform you about our products and services.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) f GDPR based on our legitimate interest. We have no control over data that Facebook processes under its own responsibility and in accordance with Twitter’s terms of service. In the event that personal data is transferred to the US, the transfer is governed by the terms of service at Twitter. If you want to assert your rights with Twitter, the easiest way to do this is to contact Twitter directly.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help Christmas Radio Ltd. analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics by installing this browser extension: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
On our pages, for example, Podcasts, plugins of the SoundCloud social network (SoundCloud Limited, Berners House, 47-48 Berners Street, London W1T 3NF, UK) may be integrated. The SoundCloud plugins can be recognised by the SoundCloud logo on our site. Our legal basis for doing this is legitimate interest (6 (1) (f) GDPR) in integrating sound content.
If you do not want SoundCloud to associate your visit to our site with your SoundCloud account, please log out of your SoundCloud account.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. In the event that personal data is transferred to the United States, Google and the group companies including YouTube will make the transfer according to their terms of service
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube or Google account.
YouTube is used to help make our website easier for you to use and to enhance your user experience. Our legal basis for doing this is legitimate interest (6 (1) (f) GDPR). In integrating video and image content
You can configure your browser to reject cookies, or you can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies related to your use of this website, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by clicking in the Google Advertising Settings, turning off the Personalized Advertising on the Web button. In this case, Google will only display non-customized ads.
More information can be found in the YouTube Privacy notices from Google.
Google Web Fonts
Our website uses the service Google Fonts, which is available for users from the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Liechtenstein from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”) and for all other users of Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 (“Google”). We do this to ensure uniform representation of fonts, making the page more attractive. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our website. Our legal basis for doing this is justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.