This page contains terms and conditions in relation to:
- On-Air Competitions
- 50300 Text (SMS) line
- Christmas FM Song Contest
- Prize Bag Competitions on Social Media
On-Air Competition Rules
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) of Christmas Radio Ltd. apply to on-air competitions (the “Competition”) that run on Christmas FM (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must follow the instructions given on air by the presenter, e.g.:
Send a text message starting with XMAS followed by a space with your name (and answer where applicable) to 50300 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at €2.00 per message. The opening and closing times of the competition will be given out on air OR
For One4All card competitions, the Entrant needs to send a text message to 50300 that starts with the word XMAS followed by a space and their message during the competition entry time specified by the presenter.
4. The winner will be picked at random and announced on air during the show.
5. Winners will be contacted via the mobile number used to enter the Competition. If the winner does not reply to our message within 72 hours or within the timeframe given by us, they forfeit their claim on the prize. We reserve the right to select a new winner.
6. Winners may be required to talk to the presenters and a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air.
Unless otherwise stated on-air by the presenter
7. There is no age restriction for entering
8. Multiple entries are permitted
9. The prize details will be given out on air by the presenter
10. Tickets may be subject to venue restrictions. Photographic ID may be required. The winner acknowledges that in the event that the artist does not perform on the relevant date, or that the concert or event does not take place as specified for any reason, Christmas FM does not accept responsibility in these circumstances and no alternative prize will be provided. Travel and accommodation are not included.
11. One4All cards, have no cash value, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Valid only in the Republic of Ireland and in the retail outlets listed on the One4All website. One4All terms and conditions of use apply.
12. Prizes are non-transferable.
13. There are no cash alternatives.
14. All prizes must be redeemed and delivery completed within 90-days of the Competition ending or by March 31st of the following year whichever is the earliest. Prizes that are not redeemed or delivered by that date will be forfeit.
15. The Entrant may be requested to identify themselves.
16. Delivery of prizes will either be by standard post or by courier or in some cases digitally. Delivery by courier may be during business hours 9-5pm, Monday to Friday only.
17. The decision of the Radio Station is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
50300 Text (SMS) line
Textline Terms and Conditions
The following is some information about our 50300 text/SMS service. This is a Premium Rate service regulated by ComReg.
- This service is only for messaging the Christmas FM Ireland studio and not any other station in our group.
- This service is only available to subscribers of certain mobile phone networks in the Republic of Ireland. It is not available to mobile users outside of Ireland.
- To send a message you must text the word XMAS followed by a space and THEN your message to 50300.
- If you do not start your text with the word XMAS then your message will not be received by us but you will still be charged.
- Text messages cost €2.00. Please ask the bill payers permission before sending a message.
- 100% of your donation goes to our Charity Partner across most network operators. Some operators apply Value Added Tax (VAT) which means a minimum of €1.80 will go to our Charity Partner.
- Text lines are open from November 6th, 2021, and up to and including 23.59 December 31st, 2021. Please note that you will also be charged if you send a message outside of these dates.
- You must not use the text line for the promotion of products or services or for any purpose other than your own personal, non-commercial, and non-political use.
- Christmas FM reserves the right to check, edit, moderate and/or not to broadcast part or all of the content submitted by you through the text line service. You will still be charged for using the service and the amount will go to our Charity Partner. Christmas FM will not enter into any discussion or correspondence with you if it has decided to modify or not to use your content.
- The service provider is LIKECHARITY. Helpline: (076) 680 5278.
- Online Donor FAQ’s available here.
Christmas FM Song Contest
Song Contest Terms & Conditions
The CHRISTMAS FM SONG CONTEST (the “Promotion”) is open to entry (or other participation in) by individuals who reside on the island of Ireland (32 counties) only except for employees of the Promoter, their families, employees of any associated companies or agents, and anyone professionally involved with this Promotion. Entry into this Promotion shall be deemed to be a full and unconditional acceptance by the entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
Failure to adhere to these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Promotion and forfeiture of the Prize.
To enter, entrants
- Must have written part or all of an original Christmas themed song or perform a cover version of a Christmas song.
- Entries will only be accepted through the dedicated form on our website.
- Entrants must complete all sections of the application in order to enter the competition – incomplete applications will not be counted.
- All entries must be uploaded to Soundcloud, and be publicly accessible (not private).
- The entry must be of high production quality and suitable for radio airplay and in keeping with the station sound.
- Songs should be radio edits (suitable for general airplay).
- The entrant declares themselves as the rightful owner of the composition if it is an original piece of work. Where an entry is partially written or composed by the entrant then the entrant must have full permissions from all parties involved.
- The song contest is open for entry from Nov 4th 2022 at 11.00hrs. The contest closes for entry on Dec 2nd at 13.00hrs. Finalists will be announced on-air and public voting will take place on the website from 09.00hrs Sat 10th Dec to 18.00hrs Sun 11th Dec 2022. The winner will be announced on the breakfast show on Monday 12th December 2022. Dates and times subject to change. All details can be found here https://christmasfm.com/songcontest/
- The Promoter will determine the number of qualifying finalists from entries received and deemed valid by the promoter.
- All entrants permit the use of the audio file and editing of the audio file by Christmas FM for use on-air, website, online and on social media activity around the song contest.
- The winner will be determined from the list of finalists and in part by a public online vote and a Christmas FM judging panel.
- Entrant declares that they own the copyright of the image provided through the entry form and further agrees at no cost to the promoter and their agents to the use of the image/likeness on PR by the promoters or their press, social media outlets, website, and any other outlets in relation to the promotion of this contest.
- Only one entry per person or group.
- The winner will be notified via the e-mail address and/or phone number provided on the entry form. If we do not receive a response within a set period of time as specified in the message, then an alternative finalist or winner may be chosen at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Allocation of Prize (if any) is to an individual only and is non transferable. Proof of identity may be required.
- The winner’s name can be found by sending an SAE to our postal address as follows: Christmas Radio Ltd., Unit A11, Kingswood Business Park, Co. Dublin, D22 H798, and quoting ‘Christmas FM Song Contest Winner’. No other correspondence will be entered into concerning the result and the Promoter’s decision is final.
- The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity including airplay of their composition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Promotion, the times and dates of the promotion, the prize, and/or these Terms & Conditions at any stage and in the event of any unforeseen circumstances without notice.
- The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to the Promotion. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for a breakdown in communication systems or networks that might result in an entry not being registered or delivered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct. This includes any manipulation of public voting.
- Neither the Promoter nor any of its associated or affiliated companies shall be liable to any Participant for any cancellation, discontinuance or delay affecting this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, alter or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- The Promoter does not accept any liability for loss or damages incurred, or responsibility for any claim, as a result of the acceptance of the Prize (if any). Specific Prize arrival dates cannot be guaranteed and will be subject to availability.
- Entrants’ personal data will only be held for the purposes of selecting, contacting and confirming the winner as per Terms 8, 15 and 19 above and will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever without their prior permission.
Prize Bag and Social Media Prizes
Prize Bag, Newsletter and Social Media Prizes Terms and Conditions
- The following are in addition to any Terms and Conditions stated in the competition text.
- Entrants must answer the question on the competition entry form correctly to be in with a chance of winning.
- A Winner will be drawn at random from the pool of correct entrants received by the Closing Date. Entrants from the R.O.I. only unless explicitly stated.
- For social media prizes – winners will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date and the winner’s name may be announced on the Christmas FM Facebook Page and will be contacted by Private Message on Facebook. For prize bags – winners will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date and the winner will be contacted either by email or by telephone by a member of the Christmas FM team.
- For social media prizes – if the Winner does not acknowledge the winner announcement within 72 hours then the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner. For prize bags – a deadline will be set in the email or text sent to the winner. If no reply is received by that deadline, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- There are no cash alternatives.
- Gift cards or vouchers, have no cash value, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Valid only in the Republic of Ireland and in the retail outlets listed on the competition entry page. Gift card issuer terms and conditions of use apply and some cards may only be used online.
- All prizes must be received within 90-days of the closing date or by March 31st, of the following year, whichever is earlier. Prizes not received by that date will be forfeited.
- Tickets and accommodation prizes may be subject to venue and Covid-19 restrictions. Photographic ID and proof of vaccination may be required. The winner acknowledges that in the event that the artist does not perform on the relevant date, or that the concert or event does not take place as specified for any reason, or that the venue is closed for any reason, Christmas FM does not accept responsibility in these circumstances and no alternative prize will be provided. Travel and accommodation are not included in any prize unless stated.
- Your personal data is used solely for the administration of the competition and may be shared with our third party providers for the administration of the competition and prize fulfilment. Please see our Privacy notice for further information.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.