Some Christmas films come and go but others stay in our hearts and minds long after the festive season is past.
When it rolls around again the following year, we find ourselves remembering scenes and quotes from these films that bring us back to where we were when we first saw them.
Here are six of our favourite Christmas movie quotes:
1. ‘Merry Christmas, you filth animal!’ – Home Alone 1 and 2
No matter how many times we watch these films, this moment never gets old!
2. ‘Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.’ – It’s A Wonderful Life
A beautiful, tear-jerking quote from one of best-loved Christmas films of all time.
3. ‘The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.’ – Elf
You said it, Will Ferrell. Keep belting out those Christmas hits!
4. ‘To me, you are perfect.’ – Love Actually
While not technically to do with Christmas, this quote is from a key moment in one of the best loved festive flicks of the new millennium. Sigh.
5. ‘Seeing is believing but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.’ – The Polar Express
So sweet, so true and so meaningful at this time of year.
6. ‘God bless us, everyone!’ – A Christmas Carol/Scrooged
We couldn’t leave without adding this classic quote to the list. We’re not crying – you’re crying!